To educate students, teachers, and lifelong learners in the purpose and power of the liberal arts and liberal education.
- Article on the nature of grammar
- Quotations on the purpose of grammar
- Etymologies of important words in grammar
- Coursebook on logic
- Quotations on the purpose of logic
- Etymologies of important words in logic
- Introductory Coursebook on rhetoric
- Advanced Coursebook on rhetoric
- Teaching Tools: How to do a classical rhetorical analysis
- Quotations on the nature of rhetoric
- Coursebook on arithmetic
- Quotations on the Purpose of arithmetic
- Etymology of important words in arithmetic
- Coursebook on geometry
- Quotations on the purpose of geometry
- Etymologies of important words in geometry
- Quotations on the nature of music
- Etymologies of important words in music
- Introductory Coursebook on astronomy
- Advanced Coursebook on astronomy
- Quotations on the nature of astronomy
Explore our curriculum founded on a proper understanding of the human person and aimed at natural and supernatural flourishing.
Discover more about the interrelationships between the arts and sciences.
Read about our plan for moral growth based on the dominant developing powers and appetites for each age group.
“The sparks that kindled the fire in me:” Reading, Love and Conversion in Augustine’s Confessions and Dante’s Commedia
Classical Education Graduate Program at the University of Dallas
By providing foundations in classical principles and pedagogy, the Classical Education Graduate Program aspires to form educators as master teachers. Students in the program explore the historical, philosophic, literary, aesthetic, rhetorical, and scientific roots of the liberal arts in the Western tradition. With a dedicated faculty and staff drawing on extensive experience in the academy and the classical classroom, and assisted by UD's world-class undergraduate faculty, the Classical Education Graduate Program combines the ethos of the University's core curriculum tradition with a concentration on the theory and practice of classical education, bringing these to working and aspiring classical school teachers, school administrators, and others both locally and around the country.